We are constantly looking for ways to improve our links with parents/carers and keep everyone up-to-date and well informed. As sending written information home is sometimes unreliable; the school has implemented Schoolgateway which is a school communication system.
This enables you to receive all your communications from school quickly and reliably. We can send letters by email to your inbox and short messages directly to your mobile phone as a text message. Should you require further information or would like to opt in for this service, please contact the academy using the details below.
Download the APP to your phone to ensure you are getting all key information from school.
Reporting to Parents
Parents receive a termly report detailing their child’s progress, attainment and attitude to learning in each of their subjects.
These are normally sent out at the end of the Autumn, Spring and Summer term.
Year 11 students will receive their Mock Examination Results and Predicted Grades following the examinations in October and March.
Parents are also invited to attend online Parents Evenings once a year to meet subject teachers and discuss their child’s progress.
- Year 11 Thursday 30 September 2021
- Year 10X Thursday 4 November 2021
- Year 10Y Thursday 11 November 2021
- Year 9X Thursday 3 February 2022
- Year 9Y Thursday 10 February 2022
- Year 8X Thursday 24 February 2022
- Year 8Y Thursday 3 March 2022
- Year 7X Thursday 24 March 2021
- Year 7Y Thursday 31 March 2021
Parents and students are invited to attend the following meetings which offer support at key points during the year:
- Year 7 Settling In Meeting – Thursday 16 September 2021
- Making the most of Year 11 – Thursday 29 September 2021
- Careers and Sixth Form Fayre – Tuesday 14 October 2021
- Year 9 Options Evening – Thursday 25 November 2021
- Year 11 Support your child through their final exams – Thursday 17 March 2022
- Year 10 Preparing for Mock Examinations – Thursday 28 April 2022
Year 5 & Year 6 Students
We are pleased to once again be able to offer Year 5 and Year 6 students a series of free monthly workshops to be held at Long Field Spencer Academy on Wednesdays from 4pm – 5.15pm. These workshops are very popular and provide children with the opportunity to get to know Long Field, whilst learning and meeting students from other local primary schools. This, of course, benefits them greatly in their preparations for the transition from primary to secondary education.
Please see below a list of the dates and subjects. We will email further details about each workshop as each date approaches, both to primary schools and directly to you, if you register with us via the email address below.
- Wednesday 15th September – English
- Wednesday 13th October – Science
- Wednesday 10th November – Modern Foreign Languages
- Wednesday 29th January – Computing
- Wednesday 23rd February – Creative Arts
- Wednesday 23rd March – Social Sciences
- Wednesday 27th April – PE
- Wednesday 11th May – Maths
- Wednesday 22nd June – D&T
We hope you will encourage your child to attend these workshops and should you have any questions please feel free to contact me on 01664 561234.
If you wish to register your child for one or all of the workshops then please contact the academy by phone or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have our Open events on Saturday 4th September 10am – 12 Noon, Thursday 9th September 5pm – 8pm and Thursday 7th October 5pm – 8pm. If you would like to come along please come to Reception on arrival.