Improving Links with Parents
Improving Links with Parents
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our links with parents/carers and keep everyone up-to-date and well informed. As sending written information home is sometimes unreliable; the school has introduced Satchel:One to keep you informed of any reward points, badges and detentions that may have been set. This is an important system and you can download the APP to your phone to ensure you are getting all key information from school.
Satchel:One also allows you to view the homework that has been set for you child each week. To register for Satchel:One for the first time, you will need a specific PIN, which can be given to you by the school. If you have misplaced your pin or need a new one, please email email@example.com.
When your email is registered, it will enable you to receive all your communications from staff.
If you are struggling with your registration, find a parents help guide Here
This is an important system and you can download the APP
Parents receive a termly report detailing their child’s progress, attainment and attitude to learning in each of their subjects.
These are normally sent out at the end of the Autumn, Spring and Summer term.
Year 11 students will receive their Mock Examination Results and Predicted Grades following the examinations in October and March.
Parents are also invited to attend online Parents Evenings once a year to meet subject teachers and discuss their child’s progress.
- Year 11X Thursday 22 September 2022
- Year 11Y Thursday 29 September 2022
- Year 10X Thursday 10 November 2022
- Year 10Y Thursday 24 November 2022
- Year 9Y Thursday 26 January 2023
- Year 9X Thursday 2 February 2023
- Year 8X Thursday 2 March 2023
- Year 8Y Thursday 9 March 2023
- Year 7X/Y Thursday 23 March 2023
- Year 7Z Thursday 30 March 2023
Parents and students are invited to attend the following meetings which offer support at key points during the year:
- Year 7 Settling In Meeting – Thursday 15 September 2022
- Making the most of Year 11 – Wednesday 28 September 2022
- Careers and Sixth Form Fayre – Thursday 13 October 2022
- Year 9 Options Evening – Thursday 1 December 2022
- Year 11 Support your child through their final exams – Thursday 16 March 2023
- Year 10 Preparing for Mock Examinations – Wednesday 26 April 2023
Year 5 & Year 6 Students
We are pleased to once again be able to offer Year 5 and Year 6 students a series of free monthly workshops to be held at Long Field Spencer Academy on Wednesdays from 4pm – 5.15pm. These workshops are very popular and provide children with the opportunity to get to know Long Field, whilst learning and meeting students from other local primary schools. This, of course, benefits them greatly in their preparations for the transition from primary to secondary education.
Please see below a list of the dates and subjects. We will email further details about each workshop as each date approaches, both to primary schools and directly to you, if you register with us via the email address below.
- Wednesday 14thSeptember – English
- Wednesday 12thOctober – Science
- Wednesday 9thNovember – Modern Foreign Languages
- Wednesday 18th January – Computing
- Wednesday 22nd February – Creative Arts
- Wednesday 22nd March – Social Sciences
- Wednesday 26th April – PE
- Wednesday 10th May – Maths
- Wednesday 21st June – D&T
We hope you will encourage your child to attend these workshops and should you have any questions please feel free to contact me on 01664 561234.
If you wish to register your child for one or all of the workshops then please contact the academy by phone or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have our Open events on Thursday 8th September 5pm – 8pm and Thursday 6th October 5pm – 8pm. If you would like to come along please come to Reception on arrival.