The following websites provide a wealth of information for students and parents to support them through the exam period:
- Health for Teens – including a link to online counselling through Kooth.com
- Change 4 Life – guidance on healthy eating
- Mee Two – app for young people to access support re. exam stress, anxiety etc. Download our MeeTwo Flyer
- Teenage Pressure & Exam Stress: Information for Parents & Carers
- Coping with exam stress – advice from AQA
- Looking after yourself during your GCSE’s – A Guide for Pupils
- An emotionally healthy approach to GCSE’s – A Guide for Parents
- An emotionally healthy approach to GCSE’s – A Guide for Teachers
- Student Wellbeing Handout
- Revision Planner
Useful Websites to explore Mindfulness techniques
Support for Parents
- Teen Behaviour
- Parents of Teens & Pre-Teens
- Parents of Teens – Coffee & Chat
- Ask Iris
- Self Harm UK
- Cauldwell Children Family Support
- Educate Against Hate
- Report Child Abuse – Gov Online Link
- Anxiety & Mental Health
Helping your child with homework and organisation
- Encourage your child to explain homework tasks to you. Discussing often helps to focus the mind.
- Praise your child for successfully completing homework tasks.
- Try to provide your child with a suitable place and the right equipment to do his/her homework.
- Sign your child’s planner each week.
- Help with spelling punctuation and grammar.
- Take an interest in what your child is learning about.
- Encourage your child to read out loud to you.
- Reading skills are essential to learning.
- Help your child to find out information from books, Internet, etc. Be careful not to do the work for him/her!
- Take an interest in how well he/she did in previous homeworks.
Important Information for Exam Candidates
Welcome to the examinations page for our website which we hope you find useful.
There are copies of both national information and internal information relating to the rules and regulations surrounding examinations. Please ensure you have read all the information relating to the behaviour and rules relating to exams.
For any specific examination queries please contact:
- Ms J Harris – Examinations Officer
- (01664) 561234
Any Subject Specific queries should be directed either to the class teacher concerned or the Curriculum Director for that subject.
Collection of Results – Summer 2023
The results of GCSE and all Level 1/2 qualifications will be available for collection on Thursday, 24 August 2023 from the Hampson Centre between 8.00 – 10.00am
If you are unable to collect them yourself you can give signed, written authority for someone to collect them on your behalf. They will also need to bring some proof of ID.
Collection of Certificate Information
Certificates will be available for collection and signed for on receipt from the Reception after Friday, 24 November 2023. Please bring some form of photo ID with you (such as a Driving Licence or Passport).
If you are unable to collect them yourself you can give signed, written authority for someone to collect them on your behalf. They will also need to bring some proof of ID. We regret we cannot post certificates as they require a signature.
If certificates are not collected within twelve months of this date, the Academy can’t guarantee they will be kept.
After collecting your certificates, please keep them in a safe place. Exam Boards can provide replacement confirmation of results achieved, but not necessarily a replacement certificate, and they can charge in the region of £40 for this service.
Year 11 Qualifications & Exam Boards
Please click below to download a list of the qualifications, along with their respective exam boards, that Year 11 study towards. This will help with revision, for example when searching for past papers.